About 3 times more normal salt is necessary to obtain the same salting power: using Yukishio is both more economical and healthy.
Perfect combination :
It is maybe too soft to use with dishes needing a strong salty taste, but it can bring a deep flavor to any ingredient. Used with a subtle touch in soups and stews, or also to dress meat and fish, foie gras, vegetables etc. It can also be used to make a «salted water», drunk by some people for its health benefits.
More information :
Snow salt is made on Miyako-jima island in Okinawa (the southernmost Prefecture in Japan). It is an island surrounded by a coral reef in a clear blue sea. Snow salt is made by using an underground seawater infiltrated in rock from coral origin.
This is the salt containing the highest number of minerals (18 differents minerals: Sodium, Magnesium, Potassium, Calcium, Iron, Manganese, Zinc, Chrome, Copper, Chlorine, Cobalt,Nickel, Brome, Strontium, Fluorine, Sulfur, Bore, Lithium).
PARADISE PLAN, sea salt refinery, has been created in 1994 on the island of Miyakojima.
Miyakojima is a small island of 158km² located in the south of Japan, 300 km to the west of Okinawa. it's waters are renowned for diving.
This island is a very ancient giant coral reef. The rain going through it's soil are totally filtered, becoming very clear, pure and riche in essential minerals.
Comments from people who use Yukishio :
- It has a smooth and mild taste with a light sweetness that is hard to put into words. Stewed food tastes better, and it makes cooking a joy. I share it with my neighbors, but only a little at a time!
- I had been using soy sauce with tempura, but now I use yukishio, which makes the tempura mellower and more delicious. Now, I wouldn't think of eating tempura without Yukishio
- Being a senior citizen, I am worried about health problems, especially high blood pressure. I have to be particularly careful about my salt intake. I heard about Yukishio bein high in mineral content, and it has a subtle sweetness. The only salt used at my home now are Yukishio.
How to use Yukishio :
- For dressing meat and fish
- For fresh tomatoes and salad
- For massaging the gums
- As a facial scrub
Where is Miyakojima?
Miyakojima is the island located to the south of Japan and approximately 400 km east of taiwan. It's beautiful beached and water are well-known as a diving spot. Many people are attracted by it's beauty and visit the island seeking nature that cannot be seen in urban cities.