Guaranteed quality and traceability
Usually, a small volume of distilled rice alcohol is added to Daiginjô Nihonshu at the end of the process to develop aromas and flavors. This is not the case for the Nihonshu Ken, which counts on the expert know-how, the selection of rice, its origin and the quality of the water used to produce an outstanding result.
Initial taste : the sweetness of the glucose coming from the rice gives a very soft first impression, while the fullness covers the palate and gives a sensation of juiciness. Very sophisticated and balanced, you will feel delicate notes of melon, pear, peach and apple.
Final taste : Katsuyama Nihonshu’s true value is its subtle and never dominating sweet taste. This final note fades slowly, as for the best natural wines.
Our perfect combination : it will accompany a large variety of first course with its subtle and sweet taste. It is also recommended for white fish sashimi, fish and meat stew, foie gras, cheeses (especially blue cheese) and desserts.
- Miyagi, Japan
- KATSUYAMA SUPREME
- 720 ml net
- glass bottle dark colour, Lord Date Masamune armor colour (17th century, the fief Lord of the current Miyagi Prefecture)
- yamada nishiki rice, rice kôji
- in the refrigerator between +2°C and +10°C
- Recommanded use
- Volume of pure alcohol
- Rice polishing ratio "seimaï-buai"
- fukuro shibori : traditional method of drip pressing: the sake, placed in permeable bags, is collected drip, thus preserving a silky and elegant texture. It is pressing by gravity.
- Idéal tasting temperature
- +8°C to +12°C
- natural bamboo cup
pottery sake cup
- Our tip
- Rotate the bottle (head to tail) 2 or 3 times. Rice starch saccharification generates glucose, which is more dense than the rest of the liquid. The glucose is at the bottom of the bottle and this rotation helps spreading uniformly throughout the bottle.
- Excise category
- EXCESSIVE CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOL IS DANGEROUS FOR YOUR HEALTH. DRINK WITH MODERATION. CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES DURING PREGNANCY, EVEN IN SMALL QUANTITY, CAN HAVE SEVERE CONSEQUENCES FOR THE CHILD’S HEALTH. THE SALE OF ALCOHOL IS FORBIDDEN TO MINORS UNDER AGE 18
The nihonshu of the Lords
Katsuyama sake brewery established in the second half of the 17th century, more precisely between 1650 and 1688, in the current Prefecture of Miyagi controlled then by a very powerful Samurai Chief (Sengoku Daimyõ) answering the name Date Masamune. The region of Sendaï was his Kingdom and owed his financial power to the cultivation of rice, a real currency at the time but also a symbol of financial power.
Daishichi Kimoto Junmai Ginjô Raden sakeFrom €38.00Kyo-Kissui Junmai Ginjô sakeFrom €28.00KID Junmaï Daiginjô Semai Buai sakeFrom €37.50Gozenshu Sensho Masamune Junmaï Daiginjô sakeFrom €39.90Neri Kasu sake lees pasteFrom €8.02Tebineri small carafe for sake or dashiFrom €12.50