Fukui, the place that brought world-class rice, sought out a "new type of flavor" - focusing on appearance, texture and the right amount of sweetness.
The rice cultivators of Ichihomare have given their rice the name of Ichiomare to express their desire that it become the best rice in Japan and much appreciated by all.
The Ichihomare logo represents the golden sun and was created on the theme of the sun as a source of quality rice. Their goal is to bring bright smiles and joy to each table.
Scientific datas : The Ichihomare (strain Etsunan 291) is a fourth generation koshihikari, hybrid of the Ikuhikari (strain Etsunan 176), third generation kochihikari, known for its sticky texture and Tenkomori rice (strain Toyama 67), third generation koshihikari, known for her beauty.
The technology developed has transformed the concept of "color" and "shine" of rice into numerical values and scientifically evaluated the rice.
Only rice that meets the following conditions can be sold as Ichihomare rice :
• more than 70% of perfect grains
• grain with guaranteed thickness greater than 1.9 mm
• rice still covered by its bran must have a protein content of less than 6.4%
• Ichihomare rice cannot be produced anywhere except on its designated farms
• rice is grown without pesticides or chemical fertilizers
The unique characteristics of Ichihomare rice :
• its sparkling pure white color will brighten up your table
• as soon as Ichihomare reaches your mouth, its plump and soft texture will make you smile
• during chewing, the sweet sweetness of Ichihomare rice will spread in your mouth and will complement more the food on your table
• the white color and shine of the rice is created from the reflection of the light that heats the surface.
A mesh structure and a membrane-like structure on the surface of the rice grain create the white color and shine of Ichihomare rice. Ichihomare is by far the best example of the perfect balance between stickiness, sweetness, texture and softness.
You can take advantage of the elasticity and stickiness of the grain, and its taste and sweetness quickly spread in your mouth.
Ichihomare is the perfect rice !